Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Classic Tune of the Week 10


This week I'm posting 'Blue Christmas' by Elvis Presley. The song has been recorded many times by many different artists but this seems to be the version everybody knows and loves.

'Blue Christmas' was written by Billy Hayes and Jay W. Johnson. The song is a tale of unrequited love that takes place during the holidays and has long been considered a Christmas staple on popular radio. The song was first recorded by Ernest Tubb in 1948. In 1957, Presley recorded his version of the tune and cemented its status as a Christmas classic. The song was also included in my favorite children's Christmas television special, 'The Year Without a Santa Claus'.

There are several versions of the song on the video bar to choose from. My favorite is the live version. Click the picture of Elvis and his band on stage to hear this version. I hope you enjoy it.

As always, ignore the other videos that have tagged along.

My best...

No comments: