Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Classic Tune of the Week 4



The classic songs I’ve posted the past few weeks have been decidedly mellow. This week I decided to liven it up a bit. I have chosen the song “I Want You To Want Me” by Cheap Trick as my song of the week.

Cheap Trick first came to prominence in the U.S. in the late 1970s. They combined a hard- edged yet melodic pop sound with a speed and energy of a punk rock band. Their 1979 album “Live at Budokan” launched them in the realm of arena rock and made them super stars. Their hits include the singles “Surrender”, “Dream Police”, “Stop This Game”, “Don’t Be Cruel”, and “The Flame”. To date, the band has sold more than 20 million albums and was voted #25 on VH1’s list of Greatest Artists of Hard Rock.

The live version of “I Want You To Want Me” from the Budokan album is the version everyone remembers. I can recall hearing it played repeatedly on the jukebox at Ken’s Pizza after Friday football games back in my early junior high days. It is one of those songs that everybody seems to know the words to even today.



There are several versions of "I Want You To Want Me" on the video bar to the right. Avoid the other stuff that, as usual, has tagged along. I hope you enjoy it.

My best...

1 comment:

Cynthia Vaughan said...

Hey there...I am new to thisblogger and don't know the correct way to reply...but thank you for your comment about my son...It has been a long road as you can imagine...now I am trying to figure out my life in other ways with that too!