Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Classic Tune of the Week 1


I've decided to post video and/or audio once a week, or so, of some classic and nearly forgotten old songs. Be warned that my taste in music is very eclectic. You will likely see everything from heavy metal to Barry Manilow at one time or another.

I've chosen an old Linda Ronstadt song called "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" for this first week. My Dad was a huge Ronstadt fan and that is how I first became familiar with her music. So, this one is for you Dad. I hope you enjoy it.

Click the video of Linda holding her guitar to the right. That is the video I wanted to show. The others just kind of came with it against my will. Some are other great classic Ronstadt songs. Others....well, you be the judge. Anyway, if the box with Linda holding her guitar doesnt show at first just hang on a second or two and it should cycle through. You can also refresh the page as well. I hope to figure out how to zero it in to just one video later.




My best...

2 comments:

Mom/Diana said...

I still like Linda Ronstadt too...however your Dad's "love" of her was a little overboard in those days. Do you remember when he hung the painting by John Welch in our living room..if you remember John painted it using one of her album covers as a model. John is a gifted painter but not really the painting I wanted on my living room wall over Dad's "music center". We still have the painting and will always keep it but it will not hang in my living room again! LOL
Enjoy your writing. I am your biggest fans.
Love,
Mom

cliff/dad said...

Mike,
This is one of Linda Ronstadt's best early songs. She was still part of a group called the Stone Ponies(sp?) which also included Andrew Gold, Peter Asher(Peter and Gordon), and it was written by Paul Anka. It was recorded in 1974. It came from the album Heart Like a Wheel.
Thanks for thinking about me.

dad