Thursday, January 1, 2009

Classic Tune of the Week 12

Travel back with me to 1982 for this weeks classic tune, “Hurts So Good” by John Cougar. “Hurts So Good” was one of three major singles from Cougar’s “American Fool” album (“Jack and Diane” and “Hand To Hold Onto” being the others) and reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song was listed at #83 on Billboard’s Greatest Songs of All Time list.

The song takes me back to one of the best summers of my life. I was sixteen and made the Babe Ruth All-Star baseball team. We made it all the way to the state tournament finishing second to a group of “sixteen” year olds with full beards from Wharton. The song was all over the radio that summer and every time I hear it I think about that time in my life.

I hope you enjoy it.

My best…

No comments: